Vera Nikita and Jax Aug 1, 2013 13:12:15 GMT -5
Post by Red on Aug 1, 2013 13:12:15 GMT -5
no images (yet)
The road of life is bumpy, but not without it's joys
Name: Vera Nikita
- Chronologically 45
- Mentally mid to late 20s
- Physically 18
- Ages 1 year for every 10 that pass
Race: Arcanine Morph
Career: Breeder (may do some training)
Vera used to be a fairly average human, Five foot five, with moderate curves and a nice face with brown hair and green eyes. Those eyes are about the only thing left of Vera’s original appearance. Now days she stands at some five feet six inches tall, but you could never mistake her for ordinary.
Dressed in loose pants and a hat, Vera can almost pass through most of human society, albeit in extreme discomfort, and only if Jax isn't immediately visible or is hidden himself, but for most it only takes a second glance to realise that something is not right, and a third to realise what that is. For Vera is nominally human only from the waist up. Below her waist she is quite distinctly Arcanine, with golden furred, dark striped legs which end in a canine's paws, thick creamy fur around her knees, and a long thick tail.
Her human skin is a creamy-tan in colour, not quite the pink-tan of a normal human, and covered in a light, peach fuzz like, fur of the same colour. She has dark stripes over her arms and torso, mimicking the markings of a true arcanine. Her ears too have changed, becoming more like an arcanine's ear than that of a human.
Vera's hands are long, with slender, nimble fingers and well cared for nails. The palms have a staff fighter's calluses. Her eyes are the same bright green they have always been. Her chest has gotten slightly bigger going from a D cup average to a double D cup.
Her hair has changed dramatically, going from a well behaved, average length and typical shade of brown, to a rather wild mass of pale cream and yellow gold that reaches to just above her lower back. Her hair’s composition has changed, and it resembles a longer version of an arcanine’s fur far more than it does a human’s hair. Fortunately it never seems to knot or tangle, though more than once, after a hard day, she’s been forced to cut a matt out of it. But as long as she brushes her ‘hair’ on a semi regular basis, its fine. Her hair also has a tendency to be rather puffy for a couple of days after it has been washed properly.
A small ruff goes around her neck, in the same creamy colour as her hair and tail. A second distinct creamy ruff wraps around her hips, separating the soft skinned human parts from the furred arcanine legs.
Pros - Active, Well disciplined, Confident, Enthuastic
Cons - Manic, Tends towards deep emotions, dislikes loud sounds
Other - has trouble connecting to other humans
Vera is a very active person, She never took sitting and being still well, and becoming a Pokemorph has just made it worse. She always has to be doing something, weather it be grooming her pokemon or herself, reading a book, or just running somewhere. This ‘need’ to be doing something, is a benefit to her chosen Career, as it means her pokemon are always excessively well looked after.
She has difficulty making friends. Not surprising when you consider that since she was 16, Vera has aged one year for every ten that pass. She fears making friends because she fears being left behind. Vera is more than a little bitter about this. Its hard, watching your family grow old and die, watching your nieces and nephews grow to be older than you, to watch them become parents and live out their own lives, while you are stuck as a teenager.
Vera enjoys a challenge, and it doesn’t really matter what the challenge is. Weather it be; a pokemon battle, helping to build something, or baby sitting the hyperactive bundles of energy that are her great nieces and nephews.
She’s developed into a bit of a gypsy, never staying in one place for more that a few weeks. Vera does not easily form ties to physical locations apart from her home ranch, and her difficulty in making friends means she rarely has anything to make her want to stay for longer.
Vera is a very emotional person, But she hides it rather well. Several decades of martial arts and other studies has given her a discipline lacking in most others of her physical age. Vera tends to be very formal around those with any kind of authority, Professors and the like. She's a bit more relaxed with the Nurse joys, and slightly more again with other trainers. But she never truly relaxes with other people, Only ever feeling truly safe to be herself, when she's out on the open (Or not so open) road, with her pokemon.
At first Vera hated going out in public, hated the way she looked, and the stares that people gave her. Twenty nine years, stuck in her current look, has slowly changed her opinion of herself. These days she's quite happy with the way she looks. Sure she's not like other people, or even like other pokemorphs, But Why should she let that stop her loving herself? The answer is, that it shouldn't.
Vera tends to come across as very forceful. This is partly due to her enthusiasm for the world of pokemon and partly due to her inexperience at dealing with people. She's freaked more than one person out, by appearing out of no-where, spouting off some random facts about pokemon, or history or some other topic, and then disappearing again.
She tends to rather twitchy about loud sounds, Since her hearing is far better than the average human, or even the average Arcanine. This is due to the fact that she has two pairs of ears, Both of which function perfectly.
Age 0 -7
- One of many children born to the eponimous Nikita family of the Nikita pokemon ranch, located just past the Tohjo falls on the Johto side, vera was raised in a creche type environment, with all the mothers, aunts, older cousins and grandmothers working together to care for the children.
- The creche was watched over by the clan matriarch, Granny Fern, with her pidgeotto daemon Samra and her Blissy, Channa.
- The arcanine breeding program produces a very sickly young shiny growlithe. Vera and Jax insist on helping to nurse the baby back to health. The growlith, whom they name Marran, bonds strongly with them and begins to follow them everywhere
- The trio get themselves in many kinds of trouble, often having to be rescued by Vera's brother, Fen and his dragonite daemon Lily.
- Vera and Jax decide to set out to travel the world as pokemon trainers. They take Marran with them as their first pokemon.
- Vera's first caught pokemon is a pikachu, who is subsequently traded to another trainer for an egg when the pikachu wishes to go with the other.
- Vera's egg hatches a torchic, whom she named Cubia
- With literal fire power and superior strength, Vera and her team sail through the first two gyms.
- After beating the secon gym, Vera is gifted a chikorita, whom she names Levai
- Vera and the team get into a fight with a member of team rocket outside the Ilex forest, once vera manages to get them out of there, having gotten very very lost. during their travels in the forest, Cubia eveolves into a combusken and Levai into a bayleef.
- Beating the next gym is a hard task, but they manage it. thier prize is a plain badge, and a new addition to their team, a tauros, Tanor
- It takes a long time for Tanor to learn to work with the team and thus it is a while before they can challenge the Ecruteak City Gym.
- They loose the first fight with Ecruteak City's gymleader and take time off to train before trying again. The secont time around, they beat him.
- The extra training does well by them delivering a swift victory in Cianwood, and a new memeber of the team, the pidgeotto Jetto joining their team during a wander along the beach.
- For Vera's birthday, her family send her a firestone, allowing her to evolve marran from a growlithe to an arcanine.
- During the fight with the olivine city gymleader, Levai almost evolves, but decides not to as she enjoys being a bayleef too much. They win the fight.
- Reaching mahogany city leaves the team exhausted, and they take some time off before. during this time they add Busia to the team. She is a buneary, released by her former trainer because she refused to evolve into a lopunny for him.
- Breaking her wrist, Vera is unable to travel for some time. She spends her time hanging around the Gym, learning new things and developing a terrible crush on the gymleader.
- With two strong fire types on her team and the knowledge she has gained from spending time with so many other and varied trainers, Vera soundly thrashes the gym leader in their fight. Just because she likes him odes not mean she's going to throw the match, especially one for a gym badge.
- On the trip to blackthorn city, Busia chooses to evolve into a lopunny, showing the trust and friendship with has grown between herself and vera.
- During the journey, Jax settles as a slightly small houndoom. he and Vera are both thrilled with his final form
- Blackthorn city's gymleader proves harder to beat than Vera had thought, and it takes several attempts and much training before they are strong enough to beat them.
- the team begins to make their way to the pokemon league, but sadly they shall never reach it, for part way through their return trip home, they are captured by team rocket.
- Vera wakens to find herself in a tank of green liquid, breathing through a tube forced down her throat. She struggles, and sees a man in a white lab coat approach.
- The last thing she remembers is glimpsing a calender and seeing the date, one full year after the last date she remembered.
- Vera wakens once again. This time she knows something is different. Careful exploration of herself reveals just what has been done to her. In her panic, Vera breaks the glass tube she had been suspended in.
- As soon as she has emptied her lungs of the vile fluid and gotten some kind of ability to keep her legs under her without her new tail throwing her off balance, she seeks out Jax. She can only faintly feel her daemon and when she finds him he is glassy eyes and bloody muzzled. he does not seem to recognise her when she speak to him and touches him, but he follows along after her.
- Finding the rest of her team is a shocking experience. Cubia has lost a hand, punishment for trying to defend Vera. An experiment gone wrong has left Levai blind, while Jetto wings had been permanently clips to keep him from running and seeking help. Tanor, once a fiery tempered beast is as tame as a miltank now. The worst though was Busia and Marran's fate. Marran had been used to create the being that vera now was, whilst all that Vera found of Busia was a little girl with a buneary daemon.
- After finding their pokeballs the group escapes, along with the little girl who was all that remained of Busia.
- It takes them a long time, but they find their way back to the Nikita family farm. It is both cause for celebration and for sadness when she is recognised for who she is.
- Even amongst family, acceptance was difficult to find at first, but Granma Fern had always beena tough old thing and rules her family with an iron fist. Her approval of Vera made transitioning back into the family much easier.
- With Granny Fern's help vera and Jax repair the bond between them, though they find that they can seperate in a way that an normal human can not seperate with their daemon
- Vera works out that she is not ageing as she should be. though she is cronologivally 22, physically she is the saem 16 year old who escaped from team rocket.
age 23 - 44
- Life progresses quietly for Vera. She watches as her brothers and sisters and cousins grow older, have children of their own who grown and have children of their own.
- For every 10 years that vera lives, she finds she ages for only 1.
- For the most part Vera settles into the life of a rancher, watching as her team settles into being safe in a place they will likely never leave.Original Team
Marran (f) – Cubia (f) – Levai (f) – Tanor (m) – Jetto (m) – Busia (f)
- After much discussion between themselves, their former team and their family, Vera and Jax decide to try setting out on another pokemon journey.
- They make the trip to Enera, a region supposedly more tolerant than most of pokemorphs, as well as being somewhere completely new to them.
- On their way to the lab, vera discovrs that Fen has snuck a pokeball into her bags. The pokeball contained a rather hyperactive young eevee named Shae.
- At the Pine Pokemon Lab, Vera meets a shiny riolu who has the same problem he has. Through some quirk of genetics and fate, he ages at the same rate she does. She instantly agrees to take him as her starter, bonding with him quickly and deeply over their shared strangeness. She gives him the name Kael
- Vera takes some time before entering the first route in roder to give Kale and Shae some training, and bond with them both some more.
- Shortly after setting foot on route one, Vera is visited by a a familiar pidgeot. Kamida carries a special gift from her from her brother, a pokemon egg. the presence of the egg lures out a pokemon Vera and Jax have never seen before, a Kinta.
- Vera's egg hatches a pichu, whom she names Chiyo.
- Shae has a battle with a rather vicious Glameow. When Shae defeats the Glameow, Vera catches it, hoping to tame it attitude some and have it be a strong contender in her party. At the same time, the Kinta chooses to join their group, with Vera giving her the name Zoya
- On the journey to route 2, they come across a number of pokemon. The shiny gastly is the most persuasive and clever, not giving them a chance to protest his decision to come along as he catches himself by touching one of Vera's pokeballs. He is named Diyari.
Form (if settled): Houndoom/Arcanine
Age Settled: 14
Views on Form(s): Neither Vera nor Jax are certain what they feel about his forms. They loved it when he was a houndoom, seeing him as representing the best that they have to offer, intelligent, protective instincts and a willingness to do what ever it takes to protect what they care about. The Arcanine form too feels as this to them. However the twisted nature of those forms are a constant reminder of what was done to them.
As a Houndoom:
Seen in darkness Jax would seem an ordinary Houndoom, though he is a full seven inches shorter than usual, making him four foot even. Seen in the light however, it is quite obvious that he is not. The most obvious thing about him is his colour. Once upon a time he was the usual Black with bone white of a Houndoom. Since Vera’s unwilling change to an Arcanine Pokemon Hybrid, His colouring has changed to match that of an Arcanine. Where a normal Houndoom in Black he is Orange, and where a normal Houndoom is white bone and tan fur, Jax is the pale creamy colour of an Arcanine’s ruff and tail. His eyes are a medium cyan, rather than the red of a normal Houndoom or the Brown/Black of an Arcanine, with a coal black ‘tear track’ marking under each eye. The next thing that is noticeable is that his ‘collar’ is missing the skull shaped section, and his tail seems to be missing the tip.
As an Arcanine:
Jax’s Arcanine self is a study in monochrome. Where a normal Arcanine is Orange and black, He is black with visibly darker black markings. His eyes remain the same cyan colour, no matter what form he is in, and he still has the black ‘tear track’ markings under both eyes, though the are hidden by the fur on his muzzle. His ruff tail and other bit that are normally Cream, are a bone white is colouring. His tail seems slightly ragged, no matter how much it is brushed, and there is a small part of the front of his ruff, that never seems to grow as long as the rest of the fur. He is taller in this form than his Houndoom form, but is still a full seven inches smaller than a full sized Arcanine, making him around five feet 6 inches tall.
While Jax has a strong sense of Honour and responsibility, The two years he spent trapped in a small cage while Vera was experimented on, has twisted certain parts of his personality. He’s become very overprotective of Vera, never allowing her out of his sight, and often refuses to sleep when she does, always insisting that some kind of guard be stationed at night. Jax has developed a hatred of white coats, particularly of the lab coat variety. He doesn't mind the White dresses worn by Nurse Joy, but the standard issue labcoats worn by most doctors and scientists make him freak out. He tends to get very aggressive with them, and has gotten close to savaging more than one, before Vera has made his stop. He relaxes a fair bit once their on the road, becoming more like the happy go lucky puppyish daemon that he was on Vera’s first journey.